Renesas Starter Kit for RX210
Replaced by Renesas Starter Kit for RX210 (B Mask)
Device Part No. populated on the board: R5F52108ADFP (RX210 Group)
The Renesas Starter Kit for RX210 is intended as a user-friendly introductory and evaluation tool for the RX210 microcontroller. The board also provides a useful platform for evaluating the Renesas suite of development tools for coding and debugging, using High-performance Embedded Workshop as well as programming the device using E1 emulator and/or Flash Development Toolkit.
The Renesas Starter Kit for RX210 may be connected to the host PC using a simple RS232 serial connection or via the included USB E1 on chip debugging interface.
The purpose of the board is to enable the user to evaluate the capabilities of the device and its peripherals by giving the user a simple platform on which code can be run only minutes from opening box. It can also prove an invaluable tool in development by providing a useful test platform for code already debugged using one of our more powerful emulation tools.
Important notice for customers who have purchased this product
We are very sorry, but a mistake has been discovered in the Renesas Starter Kit for RX210 User's Manual file. The corrected information can be downloaded below. We apologize for the trouble, and your understanding is most appreciated.
To customers who use Windows 7 (64-bit edition)When using an installer of this product on a PC which includes Windows 7 (64-bit edition), you may experience a problem where the E1 emulator cannot be used because the USB driver for the E1 emulator is not installed. In this case please install the USB driver according to the following procedure.
- Use the attached installer of this product and complete the installation.
- Download after Renesas E-Series USB driver V.1.02 Release 00 from the E1 emulator product page (http://www.renesas.com/e1_download).
- Execute the downloaded USB driver and start the installation.
- The installation confirmation screen of the device software is displayed during the installation. Click the <Install> button to install the USB driver.
- When the installation is completed, connect the E1 emulator to the PC. The USB driver is automatically installed and the E1 emulator can be used.
Layout and Specification
The LCD display module is supplied as a detachable sub-board. The board dimensions are 120 mm by 100 mm, detailed dimensions are available in the user manual.
|Input Clock||Main: 20 MHz|
|Sub: 32.768 kHz|
|Potentiometer||Single-turn, 10 kΩ|
|LED||Power indicator: green x 1|
|User: green x 1, orange x 1, red x 2|
|Switch||Reset x 1|
|User x 3|
|DC Power Jack||5 V Input|
|E1 Header||14-pin box header|
|RS232 Serial Connector||9-pin DSUB|
|LCD Display Connector||14-pin socket|
|Microcontroller Pin Header||2.54 mm pitch, 36-pin x 4 (J1, J2, J3, J4)|
|Application Board Interface||2.54 mm pitch, 26-pin x 2 (JA1, JA2), 24-pin x 2 (JA5, JA6)|
|BUS Interface Option||2.54 mm pitch, 50-pin (JA3)|
* Microcontroller Pin Header, Application Board Interface and BUS Interface Option are not contained in the product.
* The potentiometer is fitted to offer an easy way of supplying a variable analog input to the controller. It does not necessarily reflect the accuracy of the controllers ADC. Please see the device manual for details.
Manufacturer Name: PIHER INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Part Number: N6R (6 mm RoHS reflowable potentiometer)
- CPU Board
- Detachable LCD Display Module
- Detachable AD Adjustment Shaft
- E1 Emulator
- Connection Cable (USB Cable, User Interface Cable)
- Quick Start Guide
- Documents: User Manual, Tutorial, and more
- IDE: High-performance Embedded Workshop
- C Compiler: C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family Evaluation Version
- Debugger: E1/E20 Emulator Debugger
- The C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family Evaluation Version does not come with technical support services. In addition, The C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family Evaluation Version has some restrictions compared to the Product Version.
Trial period: 60 days
The link size will be limited to 128 KB after 60 days.
PC System Requirements
- IBM PC/AT or compatible PC (USB interface necessary) *1
- Intel Pentium Ⅲ 600 MHz or higher *3
- Memory 128 MB or higher
- Microsoft Windows 7 / Windows XP / Windows Vista *2
|*1:||IBM and PC/AT are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation of the U.S.|
|*2:||MS, MS-DOS and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation of the U.S. No support for Windows Vista® 64-bit editions. Please see here when using Windows 7 64-bit edition.|
|*3:||Pentium is a trademark of Intel Corporation of the U.S.|
If you encounter problems concerning the bundled debugger (E1), please contact http://www.renesas.com/contact/.
When contacting us, please have the following information ready:
your name, company name, department name, fax number, MCU part number (ex. MCU: R5F52108ADFP), tool part number, version of debugger and a brief description of the problem.
C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family Evaluation Version does not come with technical support services.
Renesas Starter Kit for RX210 (B Mask) is available as a successor product.
|Product Name||Debugger Supplied||Part Number |
|Renesas Starter Kit for RX210 ||E1||R0K505210S000BE||Discontinued Product (Replaced by |
Renesas Starter Kit for RX210 (B Mask))