Development Environment for RX Family
e² studio and CS+, our integrated development environments, are easy to use, scalable to match your development needs, have a proven track record, and fully support the RX family. They enable you to handle everything from coding and building to evaluation and verification.
They provide the necessary environment for all stages of the RX application development process and are backed by comprehensive support services, enabling customers to develop new systems in less time.
〈RX Family Development Tool Lineup〉
|Family||Series||Software Tools||Real-time OS||Emulators||Programming Tools||Programming Software||Remarks|
|C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family |
|E1, E20 |
|Renesas Flash Programmer|
✔: Supported, △: Some Support, -: Not Supported
- *1. This includes the CS+ integrated development environment itself, a simulator, etc.
- *2. The package does not actually include an IDE, simulator, or emulator debugger. However, it can be used with the e² studio IDE if you install it separately.
- *3. This only applies to devices with an MPU (memory protection unit).
- *4. △: Supported debugging functionality is only equivalent to that of the E1. ✔: Full functionality is supported.
- *5. This is in the case of use with a programming GUI (provided free of charge).
- *6. These are in the case of use with the Renesas Flash Programmer programming software (a free evaluation version is available).
- *7. Support for the RX23T group only takes the form of a real-time OS (support for a range of other items is scheduled).
※ Refer to the annex table regarding the High-performance Embedded Workshop IDE and further tools other than those mentioned above.
Software and Tool Product Lineup List
You can find a list of development environment products and their support status for each RX MCU group here :
Integrated Development Environment
Integrated development environments—powerful and comprehensive support for developing embedded systems
Renesas integrated development environments provide powerful support for developing applications to run on devices of the RX family.
[Note] CS+ is not generally promoted in the U.S. and Europe. For customers in the U.S. and Europe who are interested in CS+, please contact our regional marketing departments for details.
Ready-to-Use Starter Kits
Want to get started evaluating RX Family products right away? Renesas Starter Kits are just what you are looking for. They contain all the development environment elements needed for MCU evaluation and initial implementation. Since all of the MCU's control signals are output, the board can be connected to the system under development for easy debugging.
[ Components of Renesas Starter Kit for RX ]
Real-time OS for RX Family
* Renesas real-time OS supported by e² studio is only for RI600V4.
RX Family Real-time OS Lineup
A real-time operating system for the RX Family conforming to the µITRON4.0-specification.
Learn more about this product
Download the trial software
A real-time operating system for the RX600 Series, RX200 Series conforming to the µITRON4.0/PX-specification for Protect Function Extension.
Learn more about this product
e² studio and CS+ supports each Partner OS Application's task level debugging.
[Note] RI600V4, RI600PX, RI600/4 and RI600/PX real-time OSes are not generally promoted in the U.S. and Europe. For customers in the U.S. and Europe who are interested in these products, please contact our regional marketing departments for details.
Middleware and Software Library for RX
*The library can be used with both CS+ and High-performance Embedded Workshop, but the sample program included in the library is compatible with High-performance Embedded Workshop only.
[ RX Middleware Lineup ]
1. Under development or planning
2. Under consideration for RX100 Series
3. The Application Notes and Sample Code for the RX111 can be downloaded from HERE.
[ Application Notes and Sample Code ]
The sample code has been written to make development quick and easy and can be downloaded for use from HERE.
Code Generator Plug-in
All emulator products include the integrated development environment and an emulator-debugger that runs under it.
[ E1 and E20 On-Chip Debugging Emulators ]
* The support availability differs on the MCU type.
[ Graphical display of function information and variable information. CS+ analysis graph function ]
Flash Programming Tools
Third-Party Partner Solutions
Third-party tool vendors are also introducing a succession of compilers, emulators, programmers, and other products for the RX Family. This range of products meets a wide variety of requirements.